Music from “Asthma Blues”® will:
• Raise awareness among people with asthma and their caregivers that asthma is a serious, but manageable chronic disease.
• Teach basic asthma physiology that includes the components of asthma and their effect on the lungs.
• Improve the recognition of asthma symptoms and triggers by patients, families, and caregivers.
• Bring clarity to the specific function of asthma medications and proper technique for effective delivery.
• Illustrate proper use of a peak flow meter and its purpose as part of a written asthma action plan.
• Explain the importance of a written asthma action plan as it relates to succesful asthma control.